Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Preterm Labor Scare

To say I'm super excited would be an understatement... after tonight, I'm ready to go... why, because I REALLY want our family to go to Pat's Family Holiday Party for his work... Santa comes and each child gets to sit on his lap and gets a present directly from the man himself... I get to take photos and at the end, our entire family poses with Santa... it is one of the highlights of my year... plus the kids love it and talk about it all year long... also, it is hosted at the same place my parents had their wedding reception, so a bit of nostalgia for me... so, as long as Baby Kate doesn't make an exit move, I have less than 12 hours before the party is over... Pat fears my water will break during the party... I'm not too worried about that...

Well, the party has come and gone... Kid's Gardening Club on Saturday morning as well... 


Basically, Thursday afternoon, I worked pretty hard on decluttering/organizing etc... The kids came home from school about 4 pm and Sarah and Anna were up from their naps... The usual after school chaos began... snacks, stories about their day, and homework... By 5 pm, I was feeling contractions and knew I needed to lay on my side and drink water... By 5:15 the lower back ache began as well... Pat was on his way home, so relief was insight... By the time Pat arrived, I knew the contractions were getting closer in frequency and intensity... the two things I was to watch for... I had William get me Pat's cell phone as I had William download a labor contraction counter app the Sunday before... 5 minutes apart, then 4, then 3... yikes, I drank more water and tried to stay calm... by 6:30, I was worried and called the perninatologist exchange... then the contractions began to slow down... but the call had been made... The doctor on call returned my call at about 6:45, he asked how long the contractions had been going on... I replied since 5:15- he said come on in....

We went in, but by the time the perinatologist called back, the contractions began to slow down... I think all of the water finally kicked in... Pat thinks getting out of the house helped... I have to agree, it is quite chaotic around here with 7 Awesome Blessings...

I was monitored for about an hour, given a can of Shasta and a turkey sandwich that I couldn't eat...  I was assured that Baby Kate was fine, told if I had contractions again due to dehydration they would send me home, but to come back if the contractions returned with a frequency of 3-5 minutes as I need to be careful because I have had a previous C Section... Great... a lot to worry about... a quick drive through visit at McDonald's and we were home before 9:30... 

1 comment:

  1. I just reread this whole entry for the 10th time... come on in?? Are you in? Were you in? I'm confused! Where is baby Kate? in or out?? Thinking of you!! xox

    ReplyDelete