Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Friday, December 2, 2011

36 Week Growth Scan, Monitoring, and Doctor Visit

My favorite!!!  That's her sweet arm in front of her chin...

My second favorite... I did not label my princess "chubby" but look at those SWEET CHEEKS and Baby Boobs!!! I just LOVE chubby babies!!!


Sweet Baby Kate and Our Appointments on Tuesday...

Baby Kate is doing GREAT!!!
The ultrasound is predicting she weighs 6 pounds 13 ounces 
at 35 weeks 6 days...
Her head circumference is 33.5 cm... why did I ask... not that I'm concerned about brain growth, no, this mom is worried if the hats I custom ordered will fit... I know... issues... I just want everything to be perfect... ends up, my Mom has a big head and so did my grandma, and so does Baby Kate, so I asked the lady to make the remaining hats an inch bigger...
The 3D photos have warmed my heart and removed any concerns about her development... all of her measurements were ahead of her age... what more could we ask for in our Miracle Blessing!!!

Monitoring went well...Baby Kate did what she was supposed to do... I had 4 contractions they counted... a few weren't strong enough to be counted... in 35 minutes- one was measured at 87 out of 100... we discussed going to the Women's Evaluation Unit, but decided it would be quicker to go to my scheduled doctor's appointment, let him do a cervical check and decide from there...

At the perinatologist's office, I weighed in and was up to 149.8 pounds- the nurse said she would round up... I joked that wasn't fair that was like rounding up a decade- when you are 49, saying you are 50... without rounding up, I have gained @ 11 pounds... with rounding up 12 pounds... not bad...
My blood pressure continues to be fine, which is so different from my last pregnancy...
I'm about a finger tip dilated, so less than a centimeter and my cervix continues to be long and is softening...
My doctor left before I saw him to deliver a baby, so I had my exam and chat with the nurse practitioner...  She recommended resting as much as possible with my feet up and drinking lots of water...










No comments:

Post a Comment