Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

38 Weeks!!!! We made it!!!

Baby Kate did GREAT, as usual, during her monitoring yesterday... I'm super proud of her!!!  She is a busy girl who seems to enjoy her womb time!!!  I got to watch her on the ultrasound which was amazing!!!  Baby Kate was head down, sunny side up with our spines lining up... she was busy licking and trying to get her fist into her mouth... she was also opening and closing her eyes... It looked like it was snowing inside as the vernix (white skin protectant) is flaking off her sweet body...her fluid measures 15 cm... her head is apparently right above my cervix, which is what is causing my feelings of pressure down below... I had two measurable contractions in 24 minutes...


My blood pressure continues to be great, no sign of protein in my urine, and my cervix really hasn't changed in two weeks... I've also gained less than a pound since last week, so I was up to 150.8... I think I started around 137, which was higher than I should have been, but was busy eating lots of nuts, taco chips, and enjoying the warm weather and my favorite beverage... never dreaming I was pregnant...

Just last night the thought of caring for a newborn in less than two weeks overwhelmed me... I'm worried about how I'm going to handle the other 7- not the newborn... I'm worried about Sarah's reaction... she is NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY... She is going to punish me by ignoring me and not paying me any attention... that is going to break my heart... I'm terrified I'll turn my back for a second and the twins will grab Baby Kate like they do their dolls...


Pat and I decided to let Baby Kate and God decide when her birth date should be... so as of this moment, I won't be trying any labor inducing recommendations this weekend... which I don't think "work" anyway...Listening to Lizzy talk to Baby Kate, begging her to make her appearance, may sway my overly emotional opinion in a few days, though....


I am beginning to be more at peace with the idea that there is a real possibility that we could spend Christmas at the hospital... if we do, I just have to realize that was all part of God's master plan... look how far He has gotten us in this miracle pregnancy!!!!


We love you Baby Kate!!!!  Enjoy your remaining 13 days in Mommy's womb....

1 comment:

  1. 38 weeks -- incredible. You will have no problem handling the 7+baby Kate. It will all work out in the end as it is meant to. :) Crazy, sure. But doable.

    ReplyDelete