Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

One Week OLD!!!

When we were discharged from the hospital, I was told to call the pediatrician's office on Tuesday, January 3, 2012... I literally had a 30 minute conversation with one of the nurses to discuss Baby Kate's feeding and dirty diaper information... luckily I had kept detailed records so I was able to provide plenty of details... the nurse told me that since my milk had come in on Saturday, I didn't need to supplement with formula and continue pumping... I was thrilled because I was exhausted trying to nurse, pump, and supplement her... at the same time, I was terrified to trust my body to be the only food for her...

Baby Kate seemed to want to be breast feed all of the time... and to be held as well... every noise or movement seemed to wake and startle her... I continued to be her one and only caregiver as I wasn't ready to let anyone other than my mom hold her...

The kids went back to school on Wednesday, the 4th, and Baby Kate had her first outing to a meeting at Tillman, our elementary school... Pat also found out that his out of town trips for Friday and three days the following week were going to be rescheduled in February!!!  I was thrilled that he would not be leaving us!!!

On Friday, Aunt Bev, Pat's aunt, arrived to help out... originally we picked these dates so she could help while Pat was out of town, now that he will be in town, he will be able to work longer hours as she can help with the kids...

After Mom reminded me that giving Baby Kate a pacifier when sleeping would reduce her risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and feeling confident that Baby Kate had a strong latch when breast feeding, I gave her a pacifier on Sunday...

Sunday was Sarah and Anna's second birthday... I left Baby Kate for the first time as I ran out to get some birthday hats, plates, and napkins, then picked up the pizza and cake...  Baby Kate was held for the entire party by my mom... Queeny insisted on feeding her more formula than I usually did and got her to burp and relieve a lot of gas... Baby Kate slept most of the time and was very content with her head on Queeny's shoulder...

On Monday, Baby Kate seemed to be much more relaxed and at ease... she seemed to sleep much more soundly and deeply... it was such a relief...

I was anxiously looking forward to Baby Kate's weight check at her two week visit on Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment