Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Friday, September 23, 2011

A Bit Nervous....

I'm going in to the perinatologist in a few minutes for a blood pressure and weight check... when I got out of the shower yesterday, then again last night, the veins in both hands and wrists were sticking up extremely high and looked like the "Incredible Hulk's Veins"... I watched the veins get larger as they went up my arms... this lasted for less than five minutes and went down after I sat down...  Last pregnancy, I was monitored for Pre Eclampsia but never officially had it... I don't have any noticeable swelling, but the veins are down right creepy!!!!

Update:
All went well... blood pressure was 110/60- a bit low for me... no protein in my urine... not a huge weight gain either... Baby's heart rate was the usual 150's... if it happens again, I was told to raise my hands to help the blood return faster... next ultrasound is on Monday, October 3 and perinatal 4 week visit is on Thursday the 6th...

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything is okay! Is to interesting all the "strange" things that can happen during pregnancy. Now I can add "incredible Hulk veins" to the list of normalcy. :)

    ReplyDelete