Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

24 Weeks!!!

Still not sure how all of this happened... lol... honestly Pat and I still joke about the odds and I'd love to find a mathematician to figure them out... seriously I think our odds of winning the lottery would have been better... which of course we feel we won... the baby lottery... but the money lottery would be a great addition...

I passed my glucose test- yay!!!  The baby LOVED the glucose... she was a moving machine... the nurse had to try both before and after my blood test to check her heart rate as she was so busy moving the doppler wouldn't pick it up... I wasn't worried, we could hear her moving and I could feel her as well... we finally got a quick reading of low 150's...

I am measuring two weeks ahead of schedule- so my belly is measuring that of a 26 week pregnancy... I thought it was huge... but I love my BIG pregnant belly and am already knowing that I am going to miss it!!!

I put on my maternity jeans for the 1st time this pregnancy for my appointment... not quite as comfortable as I was remembering...

This baby is much higher then Sarah and Anna, which is nice because I can still easily bend over...

I am starting to have fainting/nausea feelings when I sit in certain chairs and once I switch positions leaning to one side or the other it goes away... this happened when I was pregnant with the twins and is caused by the uterus pushing on blood vessels in my back...

I also have had the return of the dreaded facial hair/fur or as Pat coined it, "carpet" for about six weeks... just lovely...

My asthma gets much better during pregnancy- go figure...

I also just passed the weight I was when I got pregnant with Sarah and Anna, so I am up about 6 pounds this pregnancy- not too bad...

Last but not least... somehow my due date got moved by a day... to 12-28-11... I'm still not sure how... the perinalolgist said it was based on my last menstrual period and the measurements of the baby at the 12 week ultrasound... therefore he will not schedule a C Section until 12-21-11... which means I would leave the hospital 4 days later to be home for Christmas Eve... plus it was just seeming weird to choose the baby's birth date... so we have officially scheduled her birthday for 2-27-11 @ 9:15...  I will be stunned if she doesn't come sooner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment