Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Monday, April 30, 2012

17 Weeks: April 24-30, 2012

Baby Kate's Official 17 Week Chair Photo



What a BUSY week we had during Baby Kate's 17th week...

Queeny stopped by on Tuesday, April 24th and insisted Baby Kate do "tummy time"... it is well known that I do not make my babies do tummy time when it upsets them... my philosophy is that my baby will learn to hold their head up in due time... no need to make them cry practicing... truth be told... I can't stand to hear my babies cry... especially when they are infants... just ask the lactation consultant who checked in on Baby Kate and me when Baby Kate was 3 days old and I was sobbing, I mean literally sobbing... she asked what was wrong and I said that Baby Kate was crying... she explained that it was OK for her to cry a little bit... or you can ask Pat who has finally realized the answer to his question, "Is this baby EVER going to be allowed to cry???"  Even though I told him no, he would not rush to pick her up when she made the tiniest peep...
Poor Baby Kate... I bet she's thinking: Mommy doesn't make her do this...
Maybe if I am quiet, they will forget about tummy time...
I might as well lift my head... looks like Queeny (in the background reading the paper) isn't going to give up...
Back to the bouncy seat... SO much better... I think I'll take my sock off and get comfy...


On Wednesday, it was Walk Your Kids To School Day at Lizzy, Jack, and Mary C.'s elementary school, so we all walked to school... Baby Kate was in the Baby BJorn, Sarah and Anna in their stroller, everyone else walked... Pat decided it was too far for me to walk a mile to school and another mile back with Sarah, Anna, and Baby Kate so he picked us up... I was stunned and relieved, my back was hurting from the Baby BJorn...
Yep...That's a 12 passenger van... Mommy calls it the bus...
Pat came home from work to watch the twins while I took the others to the dentist...About 1:30 we picked William and Patrick up from middle school, then Lizzy, Jack and Mary C from the elementary school and headed to the dentist... The dentist, who has known Pat and his family since Pat was a kid, thought Baby Kate looked like her Daddy...

Next stop was a quick trip home... Pat drove William and Patrick to their soccer game where they played the other middle school...I drove the other kids in the bus...

On Friday, April 27th, Baby Kate turned FOUR MONTHS OLD!!!
Baby Kate and Daddy on the porch
A close up while on Daddy's lap
 Baby Kate sleeping
Baby Kate checking to see if I'm finished taking photos
On Saturday, Baby Kate and I went to an all day Parenting Conference... I can't tell you how many time people told me what a great baby she was... I enjoyed being able to hold and snuggle her all day!!!

Patrick missed his Baby Sister while we were away... She missed him as well...look at that grin!!!

Sunday was such a nice day, but a bit chilly compared to the heat we had been having, so it was a perfect day to work in the garden... In case you haven't noticed...Baby Kate is not a fan of socks...

Saturday night, we had the first tornado warning of the year, so we went to the cellar... I smelled natural gas which led to the Gas Company coming out and fixing one leak and finding another... Monday morning we still had the gas turned off to the kitchen and downstairs bath...SO Baby Kate took a bath in my bathroom sink... just like when she was a newborn... BUT now, she barely fits!!!

I just love these close ups...


Baby Kate's chair photo at the end of the week...because I couldn't remember if I took one at the beginning of the week...









No comments:

Post a Comment