Our Miracle Blessing: Baby Kate

After adopting seven wonderful blessings, we were thrilled to find ourselves 15 weeks pregnant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with "Our Miracle Blessing"!!!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

34 Weeks and Way Too Much Information....

Please consider yourself fairly warned... 

I'm sitting here with Nair Facial Hair Remover on my pregnancy mustache, beard, and sideburns... I've been trying to trim all myself with a child's safety scissors, but have given up... I fear I will accidentally cut off an ear... I asked my hair dresser to use the clippers last week and she recommended the Nair... This was after Sweet Lizzy kindly and innocently asked if she "would have hair on her face when she grew up?"  I explained pregnancy hormones and that I was glad that my nose didn't spread like some pregnant Mommies... the hair we can remove... huge noses we can't... Well, I spent too much time on the computer and missed the 10 minute maximum time to leave the Nair on... my face is hair free and stinging- my fault though...

I have hardly been able to fall sleep at night for weeks... even after finally taking a Benadryl... I have weaned my almost daily naps and that hasn't helped... 

Most nights, my legs and ankles are restless... I finally find comfort from getting into a frog like position with my belly hanging low, my face on the pillow, with my forearms and hands underneath the pillow... this allows me to stretch out my inner thighs, which relieves the restless legs... I think I fall asleep like this and when I wake up, the legs are worn out...

I have been having very painful abdominal and groin pain- especially later in the day and when I am on  my feet... I was so concerned it was signs of preterm labor that I called the doctor's office on Monday...  they weren't concerned... I started wearing an abdominal binder that I was given after Sarah and Anna's C Section... my belly feels so much better!!!  Which I would have tried this sooner, but it took my mom's literal threats of skin hanging down to my knees and having to be tucked in to scare the hell out of me... plus I knew she would bug me about it until I tried the binder...

On Tuesday, I went into the Perinatal Center for my second weekly non stress test monitoring of Baby Kate's heart rate and contractions and fetal position/amniotic fluid level ultrasound... Baby Kate passed with flying colors... two contractions that I could not feel showed up on the monitor... Baby Kate was laying on her left side, head down, with her spine towards the left side of my belly and feet and hands on the right side... I love when I know her position so I know if I am being kicked or punched when I feel those small movements which I just love to feel!!!  I want to say the tech told me her fluid was 29 centimeters??? Whatever it was, she was happy... it is so nice to have stopped obsessing and worrying about every detail and measurement!!!

We are still stunned that we are having a newborn in less than 5.5 weeks... I have so much that I want to complete before Baby Kate arrives...

Our family maternity photo session is on Sunday at 1:45... I'm looking forward to that... I still need to gather everyone's outfits- I know what I want them to wear, I just have to find all of the pieces... I plan to have the kids wear the same outfits to Pat's Christmas party for work in December, so that will be one less stress...

Anytime after the party, which is a favorite of the kids and mine... I have told Kate she can choose her birth date... honestly, I don't care if she breaks her water after we get home that night... she will be more than 36 weeks along and our doctor has assured me that she will most likely be able to come home when I am discharged and avoid NICU time- which of course is my goal...

Of course, the longer she waits, the more tasks I can complete so that I can focus on her when she arrives- not preparing for Christmas for the kids...

I'm going to try and catch up on some sleep!!!  Good night!!!

1 comment:

  1. Less than 5.5 weeks??? I can't believe you're so close!! I have LOVED reading about this journey for you. It's truly amazing... and of course I can't wait to see the adventures of Baby K + 7! Are Sarah & Anna excited?

    ReplyDelete